Window Pivot Lock and Channel balance

A quick learner from Cambridge, MA, USA says:
Hi - I am looking for a replacement pivot locks for my windows (or potentially the whole channel balance if needed). I have some from around 1980 that have "2380" stamped on the channel balance. I have enclosed pictures of the balance and the lock. The lock should be 1.25 to 1.5 inches across, 0.5 inches width.

All the best,
Nick
User submitted photo of channel balance and pivot shoe.
A quick learner from Cambridge, MA, USA says:
Here is the hook at the end (2 pictures), as well as a picture of the other end of the balance (1 picture) and H one more photo of the actual connector that might help.
User submitted phtoos of balance ends.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for submitting your photos, Nick.

Before we continue, can you please submit a photo of the other end of your channel balance? We will need to see the attachment in order to determine the balance Series.

In the meantime, we'll start researching pivot shoe replacements.
Profile picture of Paul
Nick, thanks for submitting additional photos. The end of the balance (shown in the upper half of the image above) should have had an attachment. Do you have that piece available? We will also need the length of the channel portion of the balance only.
A quick learner from Cambridge says:
The length is 29". I would have to take an attached channel balance and pry it out in order to find the attachment on that end - the one which I have (which fell out) doesn't seem to have one. I can do that if needed.
I have checked all the other windows. There is no attachment on the top end of the channel balance. Just a bar across 4 inches from the top which the spring attaches to.
Profile picture of Paul
Sorry for the delay, we had to add a new product to our online catalog.

See 15-105 for the pivot shoe and (the newly added) 15-056 for the retainer clip. After you install the hook of the balance into the pivot shoe, snap in the retainer clip to keep the hook from coming out.

If you need to replace your channel balance it will be a custom order (our S785-29 with the stamp option of 2830). There is no top guide on your balance, because the channel balance rests on the screw and bushing located in the middle of the window track. If you would like to get a quote for this custom order balance please fill out this form.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Thank you thank you thank you. This part fits PERFECTLY! I am now a huge fan of Swisco! Thanks so much for helping me out. - Nick
Profile picture of Paul
You're welcome. I'm glad to hear it worked.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.