Window Repair

A quick learner from Hawaii says:
Hello,
I would like to replace several Milgard casement window controls and hinges. Will the 39-091 series controls and the 36-004-10 hinges be compatible? Besides the cranks, are there other parts I need to have an operating window?
Thank you.
Mike
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Mike.

Before I recommend anything, I'd like to see a photo of your operator with the window open so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible. Can you also show us a photo of the hinge you have now? 

I'm afraid I'm not sure what other parts you may need. You would have to inspect the window for any damage or indication of any other hardware that needs to be replaced. 

A quick learner from Hawaii says:
Here are the photos of a Milgard window.
Thank you,
Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230522_094959.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230522_095050.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you kindly for the photos. The operator in this photo appears to be the 39-092. The 39-091 would be for the opposite side. Just note, ROTO discontinued the link arms for these operators and I'm afraid we know of no substitute. You will have to reuse your old ones if possible. 

We believe your hinges aren't made anymore but we've had customers use the 36-004-10 and 36-048 successfully in the past. The catch is that you have to replace the top and bottom at the same time; you don't want to mix old and new hinges. The video below will show you how this works.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.