Window Roller

A quick learner from New Mexico says:
I have been having trouble finding the right roller for my sliding windows. I have tried two different types; one without the bottom cap, it just got wedged and didn't roll, and the other did not fit because the housing is too wide. These windows were installed in 1987 and i don't know the manufacturer. The bottom of the housing is 1/4" and the roller is metal at I think 3/8". Now, i just need to find a suitable alternative.
User submitted photos of a window roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we haven't been able to find an exact match for this roller. The closest we have is our 87-188, however this has tabs on the side that may interfere with installation. Would you be able to get it to work? Carefully look over our dimensions and compare them to yours to see if everything else matches up. I'm afraid I can't make out the finer measurements on your roller based just on a tape measurer.
A quick learner from New Mexico says:
I'm afraid the bottom of the housing will be too wide. 1/4" is a pretty snug fit already. I was looking at 87-205 for the dimensions. The wheels are a different size, but I can't tell if the housing is closed on the bottom. Could this be an alternative?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 87-205 may be another possibility. It's open on the bottom, though the wheels are concave while yours are flat. I agree with Tom; I feel you might do better with the 87-188, though you will need to alter the housing to work for you. Even then, there's no guarantee. I'm sorry we weren't able to find a closer match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)