Window Sash Balance failed parts

A home owner from California says:
On Taylor Windows found part numbers 2520 2530
Need to know which S part number I need to order - I am confused on the top/bottom plastic pieces. Sent pictures of both ends of the sash balance.

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-5/21/2021, 3:00:21 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-5/21/2021, 3:00:52 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-5/21/2021, 3:01:18 PM.png
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Those stamp codes only refer to the strength of the balances, not their identity. Based on the end fittings you have either an S351-26 or S390-26. The only difference between these two balances is the depth of the bottom nylon shoe, or what can be thought of as the 'heel-to-toe' measurement. See the illustration below to help figure out which one you need. 

Now, you'll also have to choose a stamp option. You mention you have balances stamped both 2520 and 2530, respectively. Were these balances from different windows? Please confirm before proceeding. If so, you'd want to choose the stamp option 2520 for however many balances you need with that stamp, and the same with the balances stamped 2530. 

A home owner from California says:
Thank you I measured the heel-to-toe and measured 1 1/8" so I will go with the S390-26.

Yes. I have a few 2520's to replace and a 2530.

I have one more question on the 2520 windows - I weighed them and they weigh 14.7 lbs should I up the 2520's to the 2530 because the weight of the window is on the upper end?

Thanks
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Good question. For a sash that weighs exactly 14.7 pounds, stick with the 2520 stamp option, which supports a window sash in the weight range of 9 through 15 pounds. You want the weight of the sash to fall exactly within the weight range of the stamp option you choose; even if that weight is towards either end of the range, that is still more appropriate than choosing a weaker or stronger stamp option. If the sash weight falls even slightly outside of the weight range, the balances will not function correctly: they'll either make it very difficult to open the window, if the stamp option was meant for a lighter window; or, it will be very difficult to keep the window closed, if the stamp option was meant for a heavier sash. Hope this helps. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.