Window Screen Knife Latch Replacement

A home owner from Maryland, US says:
I'm looking to replace these parts, because most of them have rusted out. I'm also wondering if there is a specific removal tool. I have a thin blade that worked okay to remove this one, but it wasn't terribly easy. I suspect product 90-227 (Large Butterly Latch) will work, but only one dimension is shown in the product details.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5549.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5547.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5546.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5545.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

To remove a knife latch  like this, what I usually do is take a very small flat blade screw driver and try to depress the clip on the side of the latch. You might also need to open up the cut out in the screen frame. The key is to just take your time so as to not to damage the screen frame.

How to remove screen knife latches
How to remove screen knife latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.