Window Screen Retainer Clips

A quick learner from Panama City Beach, FL says:

I need some help trying to locate some window screen retainer clips. I have sent you pictures of the window frame, window frame with a tape measure for size reference, window frame with the screen in place, existing screen retainer clip with side view, existing screen retainer clip end view and screen retainer clip in place. I am not sure, but it looks like someone cut up a piece of glazing material and used it for the retainer clip? Please take a look and advise me what you think I should use for the screen retainer clips. Thank you!

John

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1799.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1806.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1800.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1813.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1810.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi John. I am afraid we don't have an exact match for this retainer clip. See our 70-176 Slip-on Clip instead. Take a look and see if you think this could work as a replacement. 

A home owner from CT says:
I have several of these types of latches with tabs where the tabs have broken off. Is there any type of replacement solution for me to use so that I do not have to resort to using pliers to open my storm windows/screens?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3366.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I have seen this latch before, but it's unfortunately not something that we can supply. This style latch is just too old. I don't know it for a fact but I don't believe this is something that's been made in a long time.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.