Window Screen Snap-On Plunger Pin Assemblies

A quick learner from San Anselmo, CA says:
Hello, I just recently placed an order with you for plunger pin assemblies for my home screens. The order number is #1661630 and the part number is 70-219. I found you by typing in the number from the screen in a Google search field (A-X7164 shown in the picture above) and your company website popped up and the 70-219 was the part recommended. Unfortunately, this part does not work in my screens. This has become a really hard part to find and I don't know why. The 70-219 part is not long enough and the spring does not work because the end on the outside edge of the screen that is supposed to spring in and out of the screen and locks into the window frame is being impeded from springing by the plastic edge of the 70-219 part. Is there another plunger assembly that is supposed to work for this screen? Best, John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0004.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0005.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, John.

I'm sorry to hear the 70-219 didn't work for you. You can see our return policy here.

Could you remove your original pin from your window and show us? We'd like to know the length and diameter of your pin as well.

Thank you! 

A quick learner from San Anselmo, CA says:
The pin appears to be an inch and a half long. The pins that I received from you appeared too short and the springs also appear to not work inside the screen frame. And there is a small flange toward the end of the pin that impedes the pin from going in and out of the screen frame. Do you have anything else that might work better? Best, John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0038.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Our 70-009 die cast pull pins with black nylon caps should work for your screens. Take a look and compare our dimensions to yours to see what you think. We have a video on the installation process as well.

How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.