Window Tie Bar Guide

A home owner from Minnesota says:
I am looking for a casement window tie bar guide that matches the attached photos. I ordered the 39-448 tie bar guide but it does not fit.

The pictures show a matching working guide, the front and back of the broken guide, and the dimensions of the broken guide. I also attached a photo with the part I ordered next to the old guide.

I bought the 22.9" tie bar (38-903) and the tie bar guide (39-448) to go with it. However, the screw holes in the new tie bar guide (39-448) are similar but do not match, and the new guide also does not sit against the casement like the old one does.

Which part would replace the old guide?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210608_132452138.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210608_132534517.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210608_132541757.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210608_134143502.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Your original guide isn't made anymore, unfortunately. Our 39-448 and 39-417 has been our recommended replacement and should have worked.

I'm going to have one of our senior experts take a look and see if they could recommend a replacement for you. We'll reach out as soon as more information is available.

Thank you so much for your patience! 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I would suggest to try and adapt the 39-448 guide. You might need to relocate the mounting holes and do a little "shaping" with a file. We do carry the 39-417 guide, but this will also need a little adapting to your window frame. 

SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing tie bar guides
Replacing tie bar guides
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.