Window Tilt Latches

A landlord from Columbus, Ohio says:
I need to replace several right and left window tilt locks. Can you help me with the type of window tilt locks I need to purchase. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Left Window Tilt Lock .jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Right Window Tilt Lock.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Start by looking at our 26-408. Go over all the dimensions and see if you think these match your old latches.

A landlord from Columbus, Ohio says:
Thank you for your help! The 26-408 should work. Do you have an installation video that I can watch to see how to remove old and install new tilt locks?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

We don't have a video detailing removal and replacement for this particular tilt latch, but maybe I can walk you through it. These usually install from the top and click in. If you look at the image below, you'll see how the hole looks when the tilt latch is out. The 26-408 has a kind of gap in the front that pinches around that strip of vinyl on the far right side. I'll also provide an image of that to show you what I mean.

26408hole

The 26-408 "scoops" into that gap at an angle. I've never personally removed or replaced these latches myself, but I would imagine you would use a screwdriver to "unclick" it out of place and slide the back end out first. Let me know if that makes sense. 

Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.