Window Weatherstripping (Wool Pile)

A home owner from California says:

To Swisco Representative,

I am looking for white weatherstripping for a Louisiana-Pacific vinyl window. The dimensions are 3/8" (plastic base) by 3/8" (wool pile).

Do you carry this part?

Thank you,

Art

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Art. I can't find any specific records for wool pile commonly used with these type of windows, but in any event weatherstripping varies so much that the dimensions are usually more reliable to go by anyways. Take a look at our 58-002, 58-021, or maybe the 58-127 as well. Look over the end profile dimensions of all three, and let me know if you think one of these would work for you.

A home owner from California says:
Hi Bob, Thanks, 58-002 or 58-021 would work for me. Upon remeasuring, I actually do need the 3/16" x 3/16" wool pile. My existing wool pile is white with a fin seal. Does 58-021 come in white? If not, then I would need to decide between 58-002 (white without fin seal) or 58-021 (gray with fin seal). Do you have a recommendation? My preference would be white with a fin seal, but please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks, Art
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Art. Unfortunately we do not have the 58-021 in white. As noted, we do have the 58-002 in white. 

How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.