Window balance

A home owner from Glenview, IL says:
Hi, my window was only opening an inch, and I noticed a plastic thing that "I thought" was a child protector feature?so I unscrewed it and the whole thing went to the bottom. I flipped the window open towards me and used a screwdriver to get the thing out?the coil went flying?then I realized it wasn't what I thought it was, because now the window won't stay open. There are two windows side by side, so I took a picture if the mechanism. I'm trying to find out where I can purchase another one. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 22E6EA04-89DF-4B9D-8EC2-B65BF208E136.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

It sounds like you need a new coil balance. We'd be happy to help, but we'll need to see an undamaged pivot shoe removed from the window to compare to our inventory. If we can identify the pivot shoe, that will tell us the coils and accessories that you'll need. I've also attached a few videos below that you might find helpful. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.