Window balance

A home owner from Philadelphia says:

Hi, I need to obtain two of these coil balances. They use a single coil. The weight of the pain is about 16 to 16.5 lbs. you can also let me know if there are other associated parts that I may need in addition to the coils. I may have to cut a slot in the track as there is no way to remove the coil without spreading the entire jamb.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks much.

Courtney 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 357B6288-81C7-4CFF-8B30-2F64F029C8EB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 269D0B5C-E230-4250-9CC6-B038E9438D4B.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Courtney.

The pivot shoe in your pictures resembles our 15-087 which uses the Series 180 coil springs. Since your shoe is stamped with the number "9", see the S180-9 9 pound spring. Look these parts over and see what you think. 

A home owner from Philadelphia says:
Hi, so the diagram on part 15-087 shows multiple parts. Do I need to purchase all of the separate parts or is this sold as a complete item? I'd need two of them but I am not sure if I need two of every part.

Let me know. Thanks
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

No, all these parts are sold separately. With coil balance assemblies, you only need to replace what's broken. So if the coil springs and other parts pictured in the diagram are in working order, you can re-use them. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.