Window balance

A home owner from Pennsylvania says:
Balance string broke on right side of window. Does one balance control one side of window only? If so do I need an R designation on balance? The picture I uploaded was of on other window I fixed last year ( left side of window)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8076.png
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your Andersen balances appears to be our 24-837 based on the 827 stamp shown on your balances. This balance is not specified for left or right, so it can be used on both sides of the window.

You'll need to be absolutely sure that the balances you are looking to replace are stamped with an 823, 827, 831, or 837. Otherwise, this will not be the correct balance for your window.

How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.