24 Inch Channel Balance

A quick learner from Oakland, Ca says:
Hi there, i have posted 5 pictures of the item i needed, hoping for your earliest response...thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200608_100515.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200608_100511.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200608_100453.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200605_134625.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200608_100530.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like either an S380-24 or S385-24, depending on the depth of the bottom nylon shoe. You'll need to select a stamp option, but yours is from an older rating system we do not use. To know what stamp option to select, obtain the exact weight of your window sash. You can then match that exact weight with one of the weight ranges listed alongside each stamp option on the product page.

Hi Bob,

This is Mario, with regards to my inquiry of two(2) units of Window balance.24 inches in length, the weight of the sash is 0.8 lbs or 0.28 kg, hoping this will help you in giving me the right items, as per you data i think the S385-24 will suits to my requirements, hoping for your earliest response so i can place the order...thank you very much and best regards...Mario
Profile picture of Bob

Hey Mario. You might want to check the exact weight of the window sash, as it's very unlikely that it is that light. You can simply remove the sash (the movable part with the glass) and place it on a bathroom scale. The window's weight will likely fall into one of the weight ranges listed on the S385-24 shop page, which will then tell you the stamp option you need also. 

Hi Bob,

The weight of the sash is 12.7 kg(28 lbs).

Hoping this will help you in my inquiry.

The shoe dimension is 1 3/32 inches  Best regards Mario

Profile picture of Bob

Hey Mario. It sounds like you definitely need the S385-24, based on that shoe depth. If the window weighs exactly 28 lbs, then a stamp option of 2360, for a sash in the weighty range of 27 through 30 lbs, should work for you.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.