Window balance

A quick learner from Oswego New York says:
The balance overall length is 23 " X 9/16 " width.

The window is a Weather shield double hung 50" X 24".
The spring is 8-1/4", OD 7/16", wire thickness 1/16", carbon steel, hook loops both ends in the same direction.

NOTE: The spring is all I really need.

balance shoe
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, we do not have a replacement for this hardware. That shoe has been discontinued for many years and there is no existing replacement. You mentioned you only need the spring, though. While the spring cannot be replaced by itself, we could potentially replace the metal channel balance itself. You would just need to attach the shoe yourself.

If you are interested, please let me know the length, width, and height of the metal channel, as well as the stamp printed on it. I would also like a clearer picture of the top of the balance where it attaches to the window frame.
A quick learner from Oswego New York says:
Thanks for your reply. I am out of town for a week or so. I will send you send you the info when I get home.

Thanks again for your help
A quick learner from Oswego NewYork says:
The balance overall length is 23 " X 9/16 " width.
The spring is 8-1/4", OD 7/16", wire thickness 1/16", carbon steel, hook loops both ends in the same direction.
The stamp is 22. The balance configuration is the same as your S750-23, which I ordered on PO 1008432. (I would like to return the balances I ordered)
Is the shoe dificult to install?

Thanks for your time and help.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The balance you purchased has a spring weight too strong for your window. Your original balance had stamping of "22". Therefore, our S751-23 channel balance with a 22R option should make a good replacement. It holds a sash weigh range of 10-18 pounds.

To switch the bottom balance shoe, first, you will need one locking plier and regular plier. Next, you pull the shoe from the balance a few inches and lock the cord with the locking plier, so that you can untie the new shoe and install the old shoe on the cord.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.