Window balance

A contractor from San Francisco says:
It's 1/2" x 28" tall. I need replacements
2790. No33
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I think we can help you replace this balance, but I will need a little more information. Could you show us clearer pictures of the attachments at either end of the balance? From there we should be able to determine what you need. Many thanks.

A contractor from San Francisco says:
I also nee 4 that are 34" long that have the #3330 on them
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! We can replace this balance, but I think it will have to be a custom order. This is because the combination of nylon fittings you have is unique. I believe you need a balance with a 19-011 top and 15-001 fitting. Do those look good to you?

Can you also tell me the exact weight of the sash supported by the 2790 balances? These stamps indicate spring strength calibration, but 2790 is somewhat outdated. We will need the weight of the sash in order to calculate the proper calibration for our more modern balances.

Please also tell me how many of the 28" long balances you need.

Once I have this information, I'll send you a custom order link and price quote for 4 of the 34" long balance and however many of the 29" balance you need.

A quick learner from Sa Francisco says:

The weight of the sash for the 28" 2790 is 30 pounds. I need three of these. Plus the 4 -34" long 3330. Also need 1- 34" long 3340. 

I also just discovered one more broken one. It's 28" long with the number 2740 on it. Can you add to the order we're working on? 

Thx and let me know if you need more info. Mike

Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to us. For the 2790, we would go with our more modern 2750 stamp. This can carry 26 through 30 pounds. I'll send you order links for the requested quantities.

Keep in mind we usually recommend replacing these in pairs. You don't generally want to mix an old balance with a new balance in the same window. You may want to consider ordering 4 of the 2750 balances, as well as 2 of the 3340's and 2 of the 2740's. I'll send you separate order links for those quantities, as well, so that you have the option. You can go with whatever quantity you wish.

A quick learner from Sa Francisco says:
Tom
I only received one email with the custom 2750 on it. Will you be sending more emails for the other parts I need?

For the 28" 2740 that I need-should I go with the new 2750?
So I still also need to replace 34" 3330 and 34" 3340. What's the new part number for those?
Thx Mike
Profile picture of Tom

The email I sent you had 8 links on it; 4 for the original quantities you requested, and then 4 for the quantities I recommended. I would double check the email we sent you. I'm looking at it right now and I see all 8 links.

A quick learner from San Francisco says:
Thx Tom
Sorry I did not read the entire email the first time. My last question is about the shipping costs. As I view the shipping rate it's $15.00 for each order. Is there a way to group them so I'm not paying $60. 00 dollars in shipping? Thx Mike
Profile picture of Tom

The links I provided for you allow you to add them to your cart, but you don't want to checkout with them one at a time. You can just add each one to your cart, then checkout with everything at the same time.

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.