Window balance

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there. It sounds like your balance may have to be custom made due to the weight of the window. Before we 100% confirm that, we will need to see some photos of the complete balance removed from the window. From there, we can get back to you with more information. 

A handy person from Naples Fl says:
My window balancers broke. I have remove them and I am trying to find replacement for them. The markings on the balance is 29DS 48lbs. But the issue I have is that 29DS normally means 29 inch balance but when I measure the balance length from metal to metal is 30 inches. I also have not been able to find any balance that is rated for 48 lbs.

Any help with this would be appreciated.
From metal to metal it is 30 inches.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 29DS48L
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balancer2.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you! This is just what we needed to see. We've identified the Series thanks to these photos, but we're still trying to confirm its availability. I'm certain we can supply this, it's just a matter of ironing out a couple details on our end. I'll let you know as soon as we can.

Profile picture of Casey

While we look into this, can you confirm that I picked out the right nylon fittings for you? I think your top is a match for our 19-018 while your bottom is a match for our 15-005. Look over our photos and dimensions and let me know!

Yes those are the correct end for the balancer.
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for confirming. My colleague Bob will shortly send you an email with a custom link to order a pair of these 30" balances with the 19-018 and 15-005 attachments, with a stamp option of 29DS 48L. Look over the information to confirm. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here in the discussion. Thank you! 

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.