A quick learner says:
It is a window balance for a heavy storm window. What info doe you need
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D6185767-C146-4901-A214-2E939848019D.jpeg
A quick learner from Window balance says:
I removed the balance. It's 36 1/2 long
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D10F70A3-6A7A-4048-ABEF-A47460AB179E.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, thanks for writing in. It looks as though you are in need of a new spiral balance. In order to identify the correct part, can you please tell me the diameter and length of the outer tube? I'd also like to know if this is a tilt or non-tilt window. Thanks! 

It is a Caldwell 36 1/2 in spiral. Non tilt
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 41EE7826-176E-44F5-9D2D-183CE39B49E9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CAB8AA2C-0C87-4875-89CE-F0A790EC925B.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Great, thanks. We can help with this, but it will need to be custom made due to its unique design. Keep in mind that custom balances are non-refundable, and there is currently a 4-5 week lead time on these parts. If you would like to proceed, let me know your desired quantity and I will send you a custom order link. 

Any idea of the cost?
Profile picture of Casey

The cost will be $27.48 each. 

Thanks Julia. Are we positive they Will be the right one? Can I buy them off the shelf somewhere? I live in a big complex. I don't think they were custom made in the beginning about 10 years ago
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for your patience over the holiday weekend. We can provide these for you, but we will have to have them custom made. I am not aware of another location from which to purchase them, but based on the information you have provided we are confident in this recommendation. If you would like to proceed, please let me know your desired quantity. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.