Window balance

A quick learner says:
Broken won't stay up. Please recommend actions and parts! Thanks Ken
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ECCF030B-24AB-4647-949B-9DABE8A267F2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1EEB6CB8-E58F-45D7-A999-EC1C528C43C2.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

It looks like you have our 15-087 pivot carrier, which is designed to hold the Series 180 coil spring.

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
I can't figure out how to get the broken one out. And the part you show show only one coil. Mine looks like two. Can I call you folks tomorrow? Thanks Ken
Profile picture of Emily

Hi, Ken.

Unfortunately, our department doesn't have phones so we won't be able to talk. Have you seen the videos below on how to remove a pivot shoe? Let me know if that helps. 

Yeah I cannot afford those. How do I get the old stuff out, and how do I know what weight to buy and I don't think what you showed me matches what I have.
So what do i do next? Im going to cut the window tomorrow to get things out. Its a start right?
Profile picture of Emily

Our 15-087 looks like what you have now. If you have any doubts I'll be more than happy to discuss them further, but I'll just need to know exactly why you think the 15-087 won't work for what you need.  

As for the weight you'll need, there's usually a stamped number often found imprinted on the tongue of the metal spring, cartridge or coil casing. 

If you don't see one, we recommend weighing the window sash and dividing the weight by the number of coils on both sides of the window, which will give you the correct strength option.

I got one out today
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F2E4A99F-E32A-4568-83C3-00A4BAF9CFC4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 18BA8788-B562-4090-AA60-68DFF8C84B63.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 44C487EB-79A5-47A9-8FBA-A30E87D53553.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Great! Your hardware looks like a match to our 15-087. Take a look at our dimensions and compare them to your current pivot shoe to see if they match up. If you have any further questions just let us know. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.