Window balance

A home owner from 07869 says:
Hello, I believe we need a few balance number S-161-07. Is there a difference between left and right? I would like to order a few sets, so please let me know if I need to order individually or in pairs. Photo is attached.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Swissco window balance 6.2021.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

It looks like you have our 15-087 coil housing pivot which uses the Series 180 Coil Balances. Compare our dimensions to yours and see what you think. 

The part you suggested looks and measures correctly. 7 pounds.

I would like to order the part with the coil inside.

Does it come that way? Part number? IF it does not come all in one, please tell me the parts I need to order.

Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid the individual products Emily recommended are only sold separately. We are not able to sell these as one pre-assembled unit. 

I do think the parts she recommended are our best options, but I'm a little wary about the 15-087 pivot carrier. Looking at your photo, the blue center cam appears to have a different style hole than ours. Before you buy anything, can you show me a picture of the pivot bar you have in your window now? I want to check to make sure it'll still be compatible with our 15-087

Please see the pictures of the carrier and the post which are u shaped. Hope this answers your question.

We could also use a couple pairs of locks, I assume there is a left and right. Photo of lock attached.

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window carrier.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window lock.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window pivot bar.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! The cam for this shoe appears to be different than the one you showed us before. Are these out of the same window? Either way, assuming that the pivot bar you show in the third photo is the same for all your windows, then the 15-087 that Emily recommended should work perfectly fine.

As for the lock, I will need to see a photo of it to make a recommendation. I will also need you to tell me the distance between its installation screw holes, center-to-center.

Hello Tom, I have included photos of each window. You may be correct in that each housing has a slightly different shoe, but the U shaped bars look the same to me. We ordered all of the windows at the same time from one supplier, so not sure why they would be different. We are calling one the bath window and the other the bedroom window. Regarding the broken lock, I don't see any screw holes to measure, looks like they slide into the opening. See photo of the slot for the broken left side, and the right which still works. thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bath Window Housing.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bedroom Window Housing.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken lock slot.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Working Lock.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for clarifying. That honestly makes a lot of sense. It sounds like the company who put these windows in probably ran out of one style of shoe and had to make up with another, but since the pivot bar worked across the batch you never noticed a difference. A clever solution, even if it's a little bit sneaky. Either way I feel very confident that these parts will work for you.

As for the other part you need, this is called a tilt latch. The one you're showing me here is the 26-267 specifically, though we also sell the 26-266 for the opposite side. I think these will work fine but you may want to just make sure that the dimensions all match up to be 100% sure.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.