Window balance

A home owner from 20879 says:
The window balance seems broken, it does not stay open and the bottom swings out when lifted
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-10-24 at 9.06.00 AM.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-10-24 at 9.06.13 AM.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks to me like your balance is in good condition, but the pivot bar is definitely broken. We sell a ton of these so I'm confident that we have what you need, but in order to make a recommendation I will need to see an undamaged version removed from the window.

A home owner from 20879 says:
Thanks for responding and yes the Pivot bar is definitely broken and we couls salvage one pivot bar from one of the windows. The picture is attached. The Pivot bar is 2.5 inches long. Hopefully you can identify the model from the picture.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot1.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Perfect, thank you! This looks a lot like our 26-030. I think this may be just what you want but look over our dimensions just to be sure. The overall length is the same as yours at 2-1/2", but hole placement is equally important.

Detail of 26-030
Detail of 26-030
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.