Window balance

A quick learner from Puyallup, WA says:
I need to replace some window balances. The ones currently installed are Caldwell. Looking at the pictures of the ones in the catalog, the 380 or 385 appear to be the correct ones. I can't tell the difference between the two - the heads and toes both look the same, but I'm sure there is some difference. I've attached a PDF file with pics of the balance. Thanks in advance.

William Lindeke
User submitted photos of a window balance.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)