Window balance for 2 windows

A professional from Los Angeles says:
I need 2 31" window balances for a window that has a sash that weighs 46 lbs.

Also, I need 2 30" window balances for a window that has a sash that weighs 45 lbs

I could not find those options on your website
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Those are pretty heavy sashes. We may be able to supply balances that can support that kind of weight as custom orders, but I need to know what you have, first. What Series were you looking to purchase, specifically? 

The type that I have been purchasing for several years. It is S385
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you. The 30" balance does not have to be custom made. If you were to look at the list of options on the S380-30 store page, you can see that the 2975 carries 42 through 45 pounds. This can be purchased normally.

The 31" balance will have to be custom made. I'll email you a purchase link right now for 2, which will allow you to add it to your cart. That way you can checkout with everything at once.

I'm going to place an order for these balances but I wanted to run something by you. The height of the sash is 32 1/2". The customer had gotten balances from another manufacturer for the same window but they broke in a very short amount of time. He says 4 balances broke within weeks. The last balances he got from the same manufacturer for the same window were put in a month and a half ago and they are still working but he says they started making a noise. Does this mean that the other balances were good in quality or is there something that we are not aware of. The stamp om the balance he got from the other manufacturer is 3075.
Profile picture of Tom

If all of the balances broke, then I highly doubt they were all defective. The odds of that happening are slim. Odds are they were just the wrong part for the job. I can tell you right off the bat that the stamp doesn't match either of the two numbers you gave me. While I don't know for a fact, logic dictates that this is the reason they didn't work. I wonder why the manufacturer didn't just give you the same stamp as before.

You should carefully compare those new balances to the old ones to confirm that they're 100% identical in every other way. There could be other differences, but I can't say what they'd be.

Can you please change the quantity to 4 asap so I can add them to my cart and place an order today. I called the customer service this morning and they said they could not do that. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, I'll do that right now. Let me know if you need anything else.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.