Window balance for Wind shield window

A home owner from Woodbury MN says:
Installed by Pulte homes, 2004. Balance is 31inches
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 93E49F45-B4E2-4132-A24F-C582F3BEA498.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 23E3DAD4-8AF2-4112-A154-FEFE7A11E67F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9BFD9D9F-0418-4DF9-B8EA-10FB854602B4.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We can replace this balance, but it will have to be a special order because of the shoe you're using. It looks like you have an S751-31 balance, but with the bottom shoe it usually comes with swapped out for our 15-197. Does that look right to you?

If so, please let me know how many of these you need. I will then email you an order link and price quote for the requested quantity. 

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You got it, I'll shoot that over right now. Thank you for considering us and please let me know if you have any other questions!

Sounds great! I need 2. Thank you!
Got my balances! The shoes won't budge. Strings are really tight. What is the correct positioning of the shoe in regards to the balance that it should be in before installationThe part of the window where the balance goes is not removable. How will I get the balance into the track? Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3E75978E-2A5B-4A7C-A245-828F0817E5E0.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

These ribbed balances are made to slide down from the top of the vinyl track. To remove your vinyl tracks, you would first remove the top and bottom sashes from the window. Then you would pull on the vinyl track from the top and carefully move down to release it from the window frame. We have a video that should help with this process, which you can see at the end of this post. 

It sounds like you have very heavy sashes, which is why the springs are strong and hard to pull. I've spoken to service technicians who use a pair of needle nose locking pliers and a vise. You want to place the balance in the vise and pull the shoe about 6" from the balance channel and lock the cord so that the shoe has play. Then, slide the shoe in the track from the top with the cord leg away from you and the metal fork pointed up so that it will slide in the track. Follow it with the ribbed balance and the "S" hook. Hook the "S" to the top of the vinyl track. Place a screw driver on the metal fork to go down and lock in the track. Now you can remove the locking pliers.

Let me know if you have any questions. Here's the video:

This is a pic of the track and in between the windows. It is not like The one in the video. I can't figure out how to remove the track.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5ADEA044-FB1C-463E-A02D-EC1DEEBB7D04.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9B6EF8E3-E2F6-446E-A770-207B06220B3B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2670BB4C-2E38-41E3-88B1-1EEFE105FB91.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 058F272B-28A3-40DB-B3E3-D8D1CD172445.jpeg
I figured it out. It's installed. Thank you
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.