Window balance in need to order

A quick learner from FL says:
I measured 30" x 1/2". Which model I need?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15745382984391136226197.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what you need based on the stamp alone. That only tells me the calibration of the spring. The Series, however, can only be determined using the nylon fittings as a reference. Can you show me a clear photo of the top and bottom nylon fitting? Can you also confirm the depth of the bottom one? That will be an important factor later on.

Another thing to note is that you have a heavy duty "Double Spring" balance, hence the "DS" in your stamp. One of our standard options may work instead, but I'd like for you to confirm the weight of the sash your balances support. Your stamp indicates it will be 38 pounds, but I've seen that be wrong before. We should be 100% sure.

The window weights 37 lbs.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ED7745BA-51A0-47E9-93B0-F2B8783D5AF6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 759929EA-E01D-4642-A6DC-38C22C38A769.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15B24A8A-AFF8-4ED3-8046-0B5070819493.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9030BA62-4F9B-48FA-91CD-9753EBD1ACD1.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! That looks like an extra small shoe. I can't make out your exact size from that photo, but I would say it's almost certainly under 1". Look at our 15-029. Could this be a match? If it is, then your balance will have to be a special order. This shoe is not standard. 

As for the sash weight, our 2965 stamp should work well for your sash. Two balances with this option can carry 35 through 39 pounds.

Last question, can you tell me how many of these balances you need? Assuming this does have to be a custom order, we'll have to set quantity ahead of time. I will then email you a custom order link and price quote. Let me know!

It is 7/8" deep so it looks like the 15-029 will work. I need two of these.
Profile picture of Tom

Okay then, perfect. My colleague Bob is sending you an email with a custom link to order (2) 30" balances with the 19-005 Top and 15-029 Bottom Attached, and with a stamp option of 2965. Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks a lot for considering our business!

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.