Window balance into vinyl window

A home owner from Brentwood NH says:
Alarm installer drilled a hole in my vinyl window that allowed water in and rusted out the window balance. Removed it with much difficulty and some minor damage to the vinyl window chanel. Would like to find a replacement that match the original white color (photo 1) and in a width that stands a chance of going back in to the channel. I'm guesing that the original manufacturer inserted the originals during assemby as I can't figure out how to get a replacement that is the same width as the original into the channel. Thanks for the help!!!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Summer 2019 059.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Summer 2019 060.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Summer 2019 061.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. We can help you replace these channel balances, but I'd like more information to be able to help. Can you provide us the length of the metal channel, not including any end attachments? Can you also show us any stamp code on the metal channel? Finally, is there any hook, fitting, shoe, or other kind of attachments on either end of the balance? If so, we need to see pictures of them. Many thanks.

Thanks for your help. The old balance is marked 28C, it measures 28 inches long and the clip on end is I think called a #5? The ones I removed were factory painted white. Aside from finding the right hardware I have not figured out how they are going to fit back into the channel. I had to pry the old ones out.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3781.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you, this is a huge help. Based on this new photo, I am confident that you can use our Series 770 as a replacement. Look it over and let me know what you think.

Hey- thanks for the reply. Did not see it until today. Is there some secret to fitting a 9/16 wide balance into a 1/2 wide channel or is simply pry and pray?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello! In my experience, there's no trick to it. You shouldn't need to pry too much to mount it in the frame. It'll be tight but should work fine. This is the size balance the window manufacturer uses for this type of window.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.