Aluminum channel is 1/2" x 1/2" x 27" long

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FBA13A57-CC66-46FE-934C-1EC66DEC9002.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F35F0E06-AA76-4D32-8154-6DB44710C65E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EA3D697B-D977-4A5E-BAD3-91E0028A9AC6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AEA37915-2798-4B8A-84F6-B46AD9D78592.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FC9879F6-F590-46D0-919E-FCF8DF412A71.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We should be able to help with this balance, but I need a bit more information before we move forward. First, can you tell me which end is the top and and which end is the bottom end? Can you also tell me if anything has broken off the balance you're showing me now?  If anything has come off or is missing, then we need you to show us an undamaged version instead. Finally, how many of these did you need?

A home owner from League City, TX says:

The string/pulleys end is the upper end. In the first photos, the pulleys have broken. I'm attaching two new photos of a good one.

I need 4 parts, but depending on price, I may offer 6 pieces.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 01556CFA-CDE7-46E5-8404-9104206DECBD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ADF191EF-5D84-4094-9656-AF431F20D267.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for confirming. If the cord is coming out of the top end, then your bottom end is definitely missing a piece. I'm pretty sure this balance has to be custom made, but that missing piece is essential for us to confirm. There should be a shoe of some kind that clips onto the balance at the bottom. We need to see it in order to find a match.

A quick learner from Houston, TX says:
So the shoe you're asking about can't be removed without taking the window out. Previous owners installed internal shutters, that have to come off to remove pane. I'll of course have to do this to replace balance, but I'm avoiding doing it until I have the parts. So I tried to get some photos of the clips, hoping you can identify from that.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1323907349393.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1323907358503.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1323907359211.png
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you. That is a huge help. We can supply this balance, but it has to be a custom order. Basically, you have a normal S795-27 balance, but instead of a screw tab at the end of the cord like ours, you have a hook. That's not a stock option.

I'll email you an order link and price quote now for 2 balances according to this configuration. If you wanted more, let me know right here and I'd be happy to change it to you. 2 is our minimum.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.