Window balance repair

A quick learner from Ocean Shores, WA says:
I have two windows that have two each of these. All four no longer lock into position, I think the tab that locks into the window frame has rusted away. Let me know which balance I need to replace all four of them.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 34E8ED9B-2676-4938-81CD-91C6965EB21A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 26 2
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 25FDC7E9-7CB6-4830-A558-652759FBAE60.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AAA4F676-260B-40F7-9E65-2DB540102613.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BEAE2C9A-F742-47BE-B36D-CC3BB5663C26.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can supply this balance, but it will have to be a custom order due to its configuration. Before I go any further, would it be possible to see another picture of the metal clip at the end of the cord? Specifically an undamaged version from another balance. It is an important detail but I can't quite make yours out from this photo.

We live on the Pacific coast and any metal on our near the outside can fall victim to the salty air. Both windows in that room and all four balances show the same level of damage. I do remember seeing some small, rusty remnants of a tab at the bottom of the window frame when they were cleaned awhile ago. I have attached photos of the window frame, one showing the release tab and lock hole and the other showing the side of the moving glass frame part. Hopefully that will help narrow down the potential candidates.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3138.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3136.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

That will make things difficult. There are two balances that could replace this, but the only difference is that metal hook. It will either look like our 62-106 or 62-108. Can you look at these two parts and confirm which one is the best match?

I know it seems like a small detail, but it is important. We need you to confirm which one to go with before we can proceed.

I looked at the one other window we have that uses this type of mechanism and the clips were intact, I did not measure them but they look like one of the images you provided. I have attached photos of the images from that window. I should probably replace these too, I will need two of them.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4B38739E-2393-49BF-9674-32EB42A53B91.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7A44EBCF-1E33-4C2D-8367-D1679B0A7D39.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 232E8933-2F93-453D-B971-05BE2BADC982.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FC023182-8524-4FE8-9007-7C33B12C92DC.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to see. This will be a 26-7/8" long rivetless channel balance that uses the 62-108 hook at the end of the cord. I will email you an order link and price quote right now for four according to your previously states specifications. 

Can you also quote replacements for the two balances on the smaller window in my most recent post? I may as well replace them too, on of their tabs looks like it is on it's last legs. I took one of the shots with a yardstick next to the metal part, let me know if you need me to provide any measurements for that window.
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, that shouldn't be a problem. For that smaller one, I just need to know the stamp and quantity. Then I'll send over a second link. Thanks!

I will need two of these. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3182.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3184.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3185.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thanks! I'll shoot that over now.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.