Window balance replacement

A home owner from Lacey, WA says:

Sir/Ma'am:

I'm trying to purchase and replace two window non-tilt balances and I just needed a bit of help ID'ing some parts and confirming what I need. The balances themselves measure 27" for the metal and are marked 2630, looking at them I am fairly certain that I need either S380 or S385 to replace them. I measured the bottom shoe, as that appears to be the only difference, to confirm its depth and I got 1.075" with calipers, which is more than 1" but less than 1 3/32" which would be 1.09375. I'm assuming that is likely wear and tear as this window is nearly thirty years old and that I should go with the deeper shoe?

The other question I had is that there is a small piece of sheet metal that is held to the bottom of the sash with a screw and seems to play some role in retaining the balance, however I am missing one and I'm having difficulty ID'ing the part and procuring it. If I can't find it, I'll see if I can fabricate a suitable alternative, but I'd rather have the right part. Unfortunately, I'm having issues with uploading photos so I've hosted them on another website instead, the links are below.

https://imgur.com/VkJtyJF

https://imgur.com/wkjSVNi

Regards,

Shay

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for submitting your inquiry to our discussion board.

If the shoe measures more than 1" but less than 1-3/32" then it was probably 1-3/32" and has worn down over time so it is a safe bet for you to go with the Series 385-27 balance with the 2630 stamp option.

We also have a nylon bottom sash block, item number 17-016, that might fit your sash. Take a look at this part, compare it to what you have, and see if this part will work for you.

A home owner from Lacey, WA says:
Thanks!
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.