Window balancer parts

A contractor from Newport News says:
Just want to make sure I'm getting the right balancers before I order.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230304_143104313.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230304_143055408.jpg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

At first sight, I believe your balance assembly may use a style like the 15-269 and 15-270 pivot shoes. To further confirm, are you able to show us the balance removed from the window channel with written out dimensions of the width and depth of the pivot shoe? Seeing the overall style will help us confirm. Thank you! 

The shoe fits. The spreader works like a charm.

But, now i can't get the coils to stay in place. They keep popping past the screw. Some of them have a plastic cover that's busted but even the intact ones are not staying in place to function.

What cover do i buy or part do install to get these windows functional again?

Any help is welcome! My client has a tenant moving in on the first, so my timeline to solve this problem is pretty short.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230327_172527330_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230327_172520358_HDR.jpg

Hello, 

It is strange that the coils are not staying in place. We can only think that they are not secured enough as the coil spring should not be moving at all. The only part that is moving is the pivot shoe. Unfortunately we are not as familiar with this full assembly. Is there any damage to the coil springs? 

We do not currently carry the cover that is compatible with this assembly, but we are happy to look further into for you. Please note that this can take some time (at least a few weeks if not longer) and we will not be able to offer further products before your tenant moves in. I am going to reach out to our inventory department for more information and will update you once I have more information regarding if we can bring in the compatible cover and the lead time. 

Thank you for your patience,

We are able to bring in the compatible covers for these coil assemblies. I am waiting on a lead time and will keep you updated. 

Hello,

I have heard back from our inventory department and we expect to have the compatible covers in stock in the next 2 weeks. 

That great news. I'll need enough to do 4 windows, both sides.Thank you!

Thank you for your patience! 

Please review the style and dimensions of the 15-273 coil spring cover that is compatible with the 15-269 and 15-270 pivot shoes. 

Please note that we could not locate blank covers and these will be stamped with the number 9, but the pound designation does not matter for this to replace a damaged cover.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.