Window balancers missing in my windows

A quick learner from Fort Lauderdale Florida says:
I have two windows that have no balancers in them. These are pics of the ones that do have and are of same size.

Thank you.

Channel Balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We see that you are writing in to us from Florida. We have known service people to have used our Series 380 channel balance in the windows in your area. These balances come with a 19-005 top and 15-005 bottom balance shoe. For your balance marked "24-2", our S385-25 channel balance with a 2420 option would work for you. As for the other balance marked "29-3", our S380-30 channel balance with a 2930 option should work. Take a look at each part mentioned to see if these would in fact make good replacements for you.
A quick learner from Pembroke Pines Florida says:
I bought the 4 balancers you recommended but they do not fit. During the installation (2420) a plastic tab broke on the bottom of the balancers, also the top is not the correct one because the tabs used to hold them in the down position does not work. Furthermore the balancer shot up and broke the top window tab (need to buy 4). How do I return all of these? And buy the correct ones? Do you have the tabs for the windows (I am supplying one )?Please help. Thank you Jose
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Sorry to hear those balances did not work. When I suggested them before, did you compare the 19-005 top and 15-005 bottom to what you have on your current balance? If you did, how did they differ? Your photos above only show us a portion of the bottom shoe. My suggestion is based only on the fact you were in Florida, where our Series 385 is popular.

You also mention that the balance shot up in some cases. It sounds like that might be a problem with the top sash guide. I don't know what top sash guide you have without seeing a clear picture of it, but you can see our entire selection here. Also see the video below for more information on what the problem might be. 

A handy person from Pembroke Pines says:

Here is a better pic of them. I sent the top portion that broke from the window to see if you have them. Thank you.

User submitted photos of a window balance.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! Based on these photos, I think our Series 377 channel balance would be a good match. After looking over the sample of your top sash guide, I'd also recommend our 18-042.

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.