Window balances

A quick learner from Fernandina Beach Fl. says:
The balance is round in form and measures total length of 30 1/2 inches and about 7/16 inch wide. The part that goes in the channel is 1 inch wide and 2 inches in length. The piece that releases the window on top of the sash is 2 3/4 inches in length and 1 inch wide. The metal pieces at the bottom is about 3 inches in length about 1 1/4 wide those are only estimates since I don't have a pictures of them could get them out badly rusted or rust away. I will need the two screws that go in the bottom pieces they both have 2 screws. Hopefully that is enough information with pictures to replace all the parts. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Your balance could be either our Series 900 or Series 600, depending on the diameter of the outer tube. 

As for the pivot shoe, shown in your fourth image, it's hard to tell. Yours is an older model that's probably not made anymore. Can you give me the width and thickness? Please be as precise as possible. I think our 15-045 is a promising candidate but I'm not sure. Give it a look and let me know what you think.

I cannot determine what your pivot bar is, it's just too corroded. If you don't have any in working condition then this will be tough. The most we can do is guess. 

Let's do this: start by confirming if our 15-045 is a match. Come to think of it, check the size of the cam slot, too; that is to say, the rectangular slot that accepts the pivot bar. Tell me its height and width. If it's 3/16" tall x 1/4" wide, then we may have one or two ideas...

A quick learner says:
Sorry but I thought I sent you this back on the 27&29 of March but in a phone call today nothing was received on your end. So the balance diameter is 3/8 inches so I guess we are looking at the 900 series. I think the 15-045 looks good the measurements look the same. So all that's left are the other two items which are the pivot bar and the white latch on top of the window sash. So could I get your best guess on those two with some pictures. The pivot bar has two screws in it. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Hello! The balance and pivot shoe choices sound good to me. If you need the tilt latch, as well, please tell me the distance between the two screw holes, center-to-center. That will allow us to find the best possible match.

I'm afraid I don't have any guesses for the pivot bar. I wouldn't even know where to begin. We will need a photo of it out of the window. We will also need to know the distance between the used screw hole and the tip that goes into the pivot shoe.

A quick learner says:
Okay hopefully we can resolve these last two issues. The tilt latch the screws are 2 3/4 inches apart. I also need the locking mechanism which I have pictures of. It is 1 7/8 inches in length, 3/4 inches in width, and has two screws 3 1/4 inches apart. The pivot bar is 3 inches long with 2 screws 1 1/4 inches apart and the bar is 1/4 inch wide but I have no other pictures because they are all rust and broken or they are rust fast and I can't get the screws out.
Profile picture of Tom

It's still hard to ID the pivot bar without seeing it out of the window. I know that the 15-045 is compatible with the 26-297, but look over our dimensions and photo and see what you think.

As for the lock, this is close to our 90-005.

A quick learner says:
Do you have anything that measures 3 inches in length that would work with that pivot shoe even if it only has one hole. I would prefer two holes but I need one that is three inches long.
Profile picture of Tom

The total length doesn't matter so much. The channel where it inserts is hollow from end to end, so you could theoretically put in a 12" pivot bar and not notice the difference. What matters more is the distance between the installation hole to the front tip, where it goes into the pivot shoe. That's the dimension you want to focus on. As long as that matches up, and as long as the tip of the bar can actually go inside the pivot shoe cam, then you'll be good to go.

A quick learner says:
The parts came but we forgot about the tilt latch. the screws 2 3/4 inches apart it is 2 3/4 inches in length and 1 inch wide. I sent a picture on the original email. Hopefully we can resolve this issue fast. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid we don't have any tilt latch with that kind of hole spacing. Can you double check? Make sure to measure from the center of each hole. In the meantime, you can see our entire selection here.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.