Window balances for a 2001 Viking vinyl window

Handy Person from USA
Jan 6, 2014 8:25 am
Hi,
I need eight replacements of images in the following link:
They are 24" x 1/2" for Viking vinyl windows purchased in 2001

Let me know if you think I should order 1 first to see if it works before ordering all 8.
thanks,
Chris
User submitted photos of a window balance.
7 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jan 6, 2014 3:13 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Good morning, and thanks for posting. It's hard to tell what the bottom shoe is on your balance. Check out our 15-001 and 15-002 and tell me which is a closer match.
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Quick Learner from san francisco, ca
Jan 6, 2014 7:06 pm
Thanks.

It looks like the 15-001 piece is closer as it is:
1 1/8" wide.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Chris
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jan 7, 2014 8:38 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Perfect! Yes, I just need one last piece of information, sorry. Can you tell me what number is stamped on the metal channel? Can you also confirm that the length of the metal channel is 24"? Thanks!
Quick Learner from san francisco
Jan 7, 2014 1:08 pm
Unfortunately, there is no number stamped on it anywhere.
It is 24".

thanks,
Chris
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jan 7, 2014 2:53 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Ah, I see. In that case, can you give me the weight of the sash? The stamp tells us the strength of the spring, which is very important. Lacking the stamp, we can calculate it based on the weight of the sash and length of the metal channel. Check out the video below to see how you can remove the sash from the window.
Quick Learner from San Francisco, ca
Jan 8, 2014 2:02 am
The sash weighs in at 15.4 pounds.

Thanks!

Chris
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jan 8, 2014 10:28 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Perfect. Take a look at the S395-24 with the 2330 option. Feel free to follow up with any further questions you may have.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts