Window ballast

A handy person from Indianapolis, Indiana says:
The whole tube is white and is 28 3/4? long with the spiral pushed inside.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 11ADBA47-1897-4B9F-A089-ACB17BB181D7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B96C54B5-8E95-4182-A140-0EAE81F0B354.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AAE6B2CC-23FE-44B6-9ED7-4A638500E928.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help! We'll just need to know the length and diameter of the tube, as well as the tip color where the spiral comes out? Once we have this information we should be able to make a good recommendation. Thank you!

A handy person from Indianapolis says:
The white tube is 28 1/8 long and 1 inch diameter. There is no color tip as you can see from the photo, it is just the silver shaft.

Thx
Jim
A quick learner from Indiana says:
Diameter of the tube is either 3/8" or 5/8". Please confirm.
Profile picture of Casey

Please confirm the diameter of the tube, since it should be either 3/8" or 5/8". Also, you will need to remove and weigh your sash to determine which option you'll need. Thank you!

Please attached picture, the tip is a red or orange color and I put a ruler on the diameter.

Thank you,
Jim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C5BE7E10-EF8A-4B62-976F-330C3B75639F.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

I apologize, I should have been more clear. We'll need the diameter of the metal tube beneath the plastic tube. The white, plastic tube is a cover for the internal part of the spiral balance. If you could confirm that dimension, we should have everything we need to match you up with the correct balance. Thank you.  

The metal tube is 3/8 diameter.

Thx
Jim
Profile picture of Casey

By the looks of it, it seems like you'll need our S900-28 spiral balance. Please confirm the length of the metal tube, not including the spiral portion, to make sure you purchase the correct balance. 

Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.