Window bead replacement from 1981 windows

A home owner from Mill Valley CA says:
Hi there,

I'm struggling to find appropriate replacement glazing beads for nearly all of our windows on a 1981 house. I purchased a few different profiles from you guys and none of them really work. The closest are "55-203-6" which I took a picture of both installed (IMG_9772) and side-by-side the original aluminum bead (IMG_9771). Not really sure what to do at this point as it seems like you guys have the largest variety of beads I can find. Two local window installers didn't know what to do either.

Thanks in advance,
Ben
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9770.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9771.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9772.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

To be honest, the 55-203 would have been my first recommendation, looking at your photos. If that didn't work, then I don't know if we have anything better. The only other types that come to mind is perhaps our 55-180 or 55-120. Their shape is obviously very different, though.

I think your best bet would be to order a sample of each from this page. That way you can try them out before you commit to a purchase. They may at least be worth experimenting with, so samples will come in handy.

A home owner from Mill Valley CA says:
Thanks Tom. I've tried all of these and looks like the 55-203 will have to do.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.