Window casing lower rail rusted out.

A home owner from Greenwood says:
I have a lock handle that has broken off aswell as our lower rails on 2 windows have rusted out and no longer allow us to fully close the windows nor open the windows. Are parts still available for them or anything? I can provide pictures in emails or texts if need be.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It sounds like you might need a new hinge for your casement window, but I'm not 100% sure. I think pictures would be the best place to start, just to be safe. You can upload them right here to this page for me to review.

In the meantime, my best guess is our 36-048. This is a very common hinge for casement windows, though it's by no means a guarantee. The video below will show you how it works.

The other window is worse and I can't open it with out making it to where I can't close it I would like to replace almost all the rails on 2 windows just because I don't want to be piecing it together again later on. If you need more info just let me know.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210510_172504284.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210510_172508014.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210510_172511902.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you. That confirms my original recommendation. That part is called the hinge, and our best match would be the 36-048. Let me know if you had any other questions.

What about the railing on the actual window it's self? And the rail on the lower side of the case
Profile picture of Tom

Are you talking about the track that the operator wheel slides in? Yours seems to be in pretty good condition, but assuming you wanted to replace that then you could consider our 39-505 (4 hole) or 39-533 (3 hole).

Those are the only two parts I see in your photos that I would describe as a "rail," the hinge and the operator track. If you needed anything else specifically then I will need a clearer photo.

A quick learner from Indiana says:
I need to order new hinges and brackets for my bay windows they have all rusted out and it looks like the windows could just fall out any day.i don't know the model number for the windows but I know I definitely want to fix them so they open and close properly.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Is your request in reference to the same parts that you discussed with our senior expert Tom last year? If so, have you had a chance to review the parts that he recommended above? 

A quick learner from Indiana says:
I will try to get a picture of the inside corner to see if that part is also available still. Multiple parts are rusted out and I'd like to just replace all the pieces at one time so I don't have to worry about it again. I just want to make sure I get the right ones.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Great, we'll just need to see photos of any of the additional parts that you need. Depending on the part, you may need to open the window so that we can get a clear view of the entire assembly. 

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.