26DS 42bsi rm Window channel balance

A quick learner from Southern California says:
Which one would we order if we see the markings ?26DS 42bsi rm? on the original balance? It?s a Milgard window, but not original owners, so no warranty. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 26DS 42 BSI balance stamp
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! That stamp indicates a heavy duty spring. It's not otherwise used to identify the Series. Before we go any further, we'll need to figure that out.

I see you were looking at our S385-26 channel balance. This comes with a 19-005 top and 15-004 bottom nylon fitting. Do these match what you have now? If not, or if you aren't sure, we'll need photos and dimensions for both. These nylon fittings are the only way to identify the Series so it's important that we know what you have.

I would also double check the length of the metal channel. Based on your stamp, it should be 27" long, not 26".

Finally, how many of these were you looking to purchase?

Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I'm glad you showed us these photos. You have a special type of balance with an extended cord. The Series 385 will not replace this. It has to be a custom order.

We will need a bit more information. First, I was wrong before about the metal channel length. Since you have this type of balance, it should be 26-5/8" long. Please confirm.

We will also need to see whatever hook or clip was at the end of the cord. Yours seems to have broken off, so you'll need to get an undamaged version of this balance to confirm.

Finally, how many did you need?

Once I have that information together, I can email you a custom order link and price quote for the requested quantity.

We would need two, one for each side of window frame.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CF7C339E-40A8-4266-BD5D-81A31FD87090.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 48E49F54-6A57-4C23-858F-CB418C2DC003.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B25900E0-807A-4188-99A3-397AF3842185.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 24ACF7E6-AAFC-4E11-AFF3-6A4A06BCFBC8.jpeg
Thanks! Finally got a chance to take pictures of the other piece. Here they are.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4AB4FE89-467C-41DA-AF95-0EF2BC86AA83.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C72B05DE-081A-4C49-A7B1-AF8A1B726E93.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D6CC7403-BF91-40FA-83F2-1C2D66D6CFA5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8467C3FB-A9C1-4E4D-AF87-184FE1BBAAC6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7A03437F-0C8B-4BE3-B9D1-C8009C9E45D8.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! I'll email you an order link now for two.

Hello! Before I order the pair of balance, I'd like to send you the measurements of two other smaller restroom windows that need balances, too. Thank you! 

Thanks, Larissa

Profile picture of Tom

Sure, whatever you need. Just keep in mind that window measurements don't really help us when it comes to these balances. We need to know pretty much the same information we required to identify the original. Nylon fitting combination, clip style, stamp, and quantity. 

As long as you confirm that the nylon fitting combination and clip style are the same then we don't need to see more pictures, but you should absolutely check to make sure. I've known installers to use different balances for the same windows in the house, so it's always better to check just in case. We would still need to know the stamp and quantity for each balance regardless.

Ok, so I'll need two sets of balances for two bathroom windows. They each measure 14 and 5/8 inches. I've included pictures. Please invoice us and I'll place the order. Thanks so much!!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BBE7FA7D-26A0-4D12-A9D9-26DCB7B515D5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0BDD7D45-1F5D-4756-9DDB-82EC4878180E.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Larissa. Were you able to tell me the stamp for this balance, as well? And just to confirm, you only needed four of these?

Oops, sorry. Forgot to do that. Yes, need a total of 4 for two windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7D8D6627-2D7E-4EC4-A294-9ED7D814F7FD.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thank you! I'll send that over right now.

Profile picture of Tom

It's up to you, though for the sake of our records it would be easiest if they're all on the same order. Thanks for asking!

Hi Tom. I know there was a different order form for the two longer balances. Do you want me to place the orders separately? Or is it better / more efficient if you combine them?
Ok. Let's combine the order. I'll wait for the next email from you to order. Appreciate all your help! Crossing fingers and toes they'll work when they arrive!!!
Hello! Hope you had a nice Memorial Day weekend! Just wanted to remind you that I'm waiting for the order that combines the pair of long balances and 2 sets of short balances. Please email me the order as soon as you have a chance to do so. Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom

Hi there! I had sent you a second order link on the 20th. I would check your spam folder in case my email got flagged accidentally.

I can't combine orders for you, but you can use the custom order links I've sent you to add these custom balances to the same cart.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.