Window channel balancers - 19-5 - AirChek double hung tilt window

A quick learner from NJ says:
Could you help me understand if the window channel balancers can be replaced? It is a double hung tilt window about 17 years old, from a company called AirChek in NJ. The channel balance length is 19 and it says 19-5. The top sash still works but the bottom does not. I can see there's no white cord showing like in the other windows that still work. Many thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0460.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's difficult to tell from your photo what kind of balance you need. I can only see the bottom most tip of it. Can you remove it from the window and show me clearer photos? I'd like to see the top end, as well as the stamp printed on the metal channel itself. Thank you.

I did more research and am wondering if I can try to replace the shoes and attach to the channel balancer cords through that loop that's visible on the end of the balancer? The challenge with taking the balance out is that there's a solid piece of vinyl framing on the window that covers the area where the lower sash's channel balance is attached. I can't see anything stamped on it, but there is a manufacturer sticker inside the window (that is difficult to access ) that says 19-5. I attached a few more photos where you can see the area I just mentioned. Also, I took a picture of what I think are parts of the old shoes that were still stuck in there. Hoping I can do something to fix rather than replace the window. Thanks again.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0463.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0462.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0465.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

If the shoe is the only thing that broke, then you can just replace that. Yours is way too damaged to make out, though. We need to see an unbroken version out of the window. We will also need its precise width and thickness.

If you do need a whole balance, though, then we need the information requested above. I'm afraid there's no way around that.

I was able to get one of the shoes out of the window. The dimensions are: 2 inches length, 1 3/16 width, 1/2 inch thickness. The channel balancer is 20 inches long. It looks intact but I included a photo of it in case it needs to be replaced too. THank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0502.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0505.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to me. The Pivot Shoe looks like possibly our 15-210, but compare the dimensions to see if it matches up. Also see the 15-225 Tamp R Lock. The balance appears to be a Series 770. Measure the metal channel length to confirm the length needed. You'll need to weigh the window sash to know what stamp option to select. Let me know if you have further questions. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.