Window channel balances

Quick Learner from California
Apr 13, 2024 7:55 pm
The balances I need are for non-tilting windows, they measure 27 inches. They have a stamp with 26C USB on it
cord hook top fitting bottom fitting winged top fitting winged bottom fitting
5 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Apr 15, 2024 3:48 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out to us! We should be able to help with this. Before I make my recommendation, can you show us a photo of the inside of the metal channel where the innerspring connects to the pulley mechanism?

Apr 15, 2024 5:03 pm
Here are the photos requested.
winged top fitting winged bottom fitting winged top fitting winged bottom fitting
4 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Apr 16, 2024 9:20 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

It looks like this balance is missing the innerspring components. Is there an undamaged version of this balance we can see? 

Apr 16, 2024 10:38 am
I don't have one that is intact I do have the inner pieces just not in place. I will attach a picture
spring and pulley system
1 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Apr 16, 2024 3:37 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you! Based on what I see in your photos, I recommend our Series 380 or Series 385 channel balances. You'll have to measure below to determine the best match.

Your 26C stamp may translate to the 2630 option but you could always weigh the window sash on a scale to confirm it falls within the 13 to 19 pound range. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts