Window channel replacements

A home owner from Parkland says:
The metal part of the channels are 30 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. There are different numbers on the channels: 2950; 2930 with possibly "BS1" stamped perpendicular to the 2950 etc.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Depending on the measurement of your bottom balance shoe, will determine whether or not you will go with our Series 385 or Series 380 channel balance. Get back to us and let us know how you made out.
A quick learner from Parkland, Fl says:
I hope this is the information that you need. These channels are from two different Windows. All of the other windows in the house are the same size as the Windows from which these channels were taken. Is it safe to say that the channels that match up to these channels would also be used for the remainder of the windows that need channel replacements? Thanks for your help.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid this picture does not tell me what shoe you have. The important measurement is the depth. In other words, the "heel to toe" measurement. We have detailed measurements for each balance that you can use as a reference.
Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
If all your windows are identical, it's a good bet that the balances will be, as well. That said, you may want to double check anyway. You never know if there is something subtlety different about one window compared to the others. In this industry, I find it always pays to play it safe.
A quick learner from Parkland says:
I presume the previous email that I sent was misdirected. Hope this is the info you need. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
I received your new pictures, but you appear to be measuring the top attachment here, not the shoe. I recommend carefully going over my last post. You don't really need to send us a picture at this point, anyway. The difference is subtle, so seeing a picture of the shoe next to a ruler won't really tell us for sure. You will have to measure as carefully as you can and refer to our dimensions to confirm what would work best.
A quick learner says:
HI Tom. The shoe measures 1x1/2x15/16, the 15-005. I do hope that I have finally submitted the correct information.
Profile picture of Tom
The Series 380 balance uses the 15-005, so if that's what you have, you'd need S380-30. The stamps may be printed on the balance, but it's best to weigh the sash and consult the chart on the product page to be sure.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.