Window coil balance part photos

A home owner from MN says:

Hi, just got off a call with support and sending in pics per request just to make sure I am getting all of the right parts. Pretty sure I need 2 shoes with part 15-175, but not sure about the coil size and coil bushing and coil barrel. I am guess I can reuse the barrel, but not sure about the bushing etc? Let me know if any other pics or info is needed.

Thanks

Ben 

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Ben. I agree, our 15-175 looks like a great match for the shoe, assuming the thickness matches up. As for the covers, yours don't look too damaged so I don't see why you can't reuse them. If you did need to replace them then I would recommend our 15-143 and 15-144 caps, as well as our 15-145 barrel. These all kinda snap together and sandwich the coil. It's a different style than what you have now but I think they will still work.

Thanks, do I just reuse the coil? If not what coil should I be using.
Profile picture of Tom

If the coils are still functional then you can absolutely reuse them. If you wanted new ones regardless, I recommend our Series 152. You'll need the stamp off the old spring to confirm the best option.

Profile picture of Tom

When you see a letter, it's usually A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. Or, like you said, get the weight of the sash and divide the weight by the number of coils holding the sash.

Thanks. Yeah they seem fine, but unable to see the stamp. It looks like a letter. In that case if I wanted to replace would I just determine the weight of the window? I a small window and 1 larger window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.