Window coil springs

A home owner from Yorba Linda Ca says:
I have a double pained, double hung window that suffered a broken coil spring.

The spring is 3/4 inches wide, and the window is about 30 x 30.

It is a Certainteed window installed about 20 years ago.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Hope
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I am confident we can help you get on the right path in finding a match. To start, we need or you to remove your coil spring system from the window. Please upload photos of the parts for us to review. Make sure to include any stampings/markings that may appear on the spring.

I also would like to invite you to view our section of components of coil spring systems we offer here.

I am having difficulty uploading the picture of the coil spring.

I measured it as 3/4 inch wide, there are no markings I can see on the spring, nor can I stretch it out to see markings.

What other information would you need to make an educated guess on the needed parts?
Profile picture of Paul

If you are having trouble uploading photos to us, you can email your photos to help@swisco.com. Just be sure to include your reference number, D150984. 

Profile picture of Paul

Thank you for your photos. Your cover looks close to our 15-156 and 15-185. Look over both to see which one is a match. You will also need a balance drum, like the 15-157. Lastly, for your coil balance shoe, it looks like the 15-192, but I can't 100% confirm since the part is still installed in the window. These parts can be used with both the Series 170 and Series 171 coil springs, should you need to replace those as well. Look over each part mentioned and let us know what you think. 

Here is a photo of a lock shoe and one of the coil barrel.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191005_111021_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191005_111139_HDR.jpg
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.