Window coil will not keep window open

A home owner from California says:
Hi,
Looking to replace some hardware inside my window. I'm not sure what this part is called. I also don't know the manufacture of the windows. Some windows work great, you open them and they stay open, easy up and down while several others need something to keep the open and seem heavy.I would like to order a set and see if that is the issue. Please advise what ever you can. I've included a picture.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window coil.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thanks for posting! Your pivot shoe is actually an older version of our 15-180. This uses our Series 190 Coil Springs. You will need to look for a stamp or imprint on your coil springs to determine which weight option to select. Good luck with your repair, and let me know if you have any further questions! 

A home owner from California says:
I've replaced the glass and the window now weighs 23.9 lbs. The window has 2 coils on each side that are labeled 540 on the coil. So I need to order 4 series 190 coil 640 to cover the new weight of the window. Please advise. Also, do these coils wear out?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Ah, that likely explains why some of the windows will not remain open. In that case I would agree with you on the 640. Coil springs can wear out over time. In order to minimize wear, we recommend replacing all of the springs at the same time, as pairing a new and old coil spring can cause the newer one to wear out more quickly. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.