Window crank operator

A home owner from Greenville, PA says:
Do you have a part to match mine. I have 8 of these and would like to replace them all.
Inside the part it reads:
PAT NO. D-198202 US
2RH RD.63. CAN

I've included a page where I traced and measured to the best of my ability to try to help you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C90AC88E-C5A8-4059-8797-5D33D92351F6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 57393C8C-13C8-4BFC-9030-EB23D8DFEFE0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 63B3BF6E-6605-4A8F-A60E-A0FE44302DAB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F54F46C5-E561-43BC-A892-3264BF278A56.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 39839D75-9BC9-442B-B227-4F7111F3A8E7.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I don't think we'll be able to get you this exact operator, since it appears fairly old, but we will do our best to find an equivalent replacement option. Before I recommend anything, can you show me a picture of the link arm? It appears to be folded under your operator in each of your photos and I can't make it out. It's an important detail, so seeing it will help us find a good match. Thanks!

I am sorry, it did get stuck when I was wiping it out but I managed to get it unstuck. As I was looking better at this I believe it's the handle that needs replaced. I'm also sending pictures of it I still would like to know of a replacement operator because I know one of them is defective for sure.

Thank you

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20F6FD2B-DC9B-41C5-BA83-632D7143F926.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EB2B5770-46CC-4C55-BB11-5E5BE96D971C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 30D2D082-46FD-4FEE-A616-9BAAA0D0557D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A5CCBDE3-F3F2-49A6-BD35-F42A4F3254B1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B8C71993-E126-4D4F-A813-7BDCE5DCD9E8.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thank you! Now, I wasn't able to find an exact match for this operator. There's a chance it may be too old. However I did find one that may potentially work, if with some minor alterations. 

See our 39-017. You'l note that it has two installation holes in the top tab, but my hope is that you'd simply ignore one and use the other to install it in the frame. You'll also see that the top to bottom hole center spacing is 5-1/4", not 5-1/2". I couldn't find anything like yours with 5-1/2". You may still get ours to work but it would require redrilling the installation  holes.

The hole in the link arm, which is one of the most important details, appears similar in size to your own. It's a 5/16" 18 threaded hole. I'm hoping they match up.

Let me know what you think!

Hi. I don't want to try to re drill holes to fit. I'm not that handy. But I was looking better at my operator and it does measure 5 1/4" from top to bottom hole (center). I think I found one that may match. Maybe you can tell me how you feel about it. It is 39-350. I'll just attach the picture of it. But the link arm I'm getting 2 3/8" or 2 6/16". (Not 2 7/16"). But it's very close and maybe I'm not measuring quite on either. But I am wondering if it is correct if this still may work?
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, that is a potential match. It still has the same 5-1/4" top to bottom hole measurement, which means you'll still need to drill a new installation hole, but I can tell you that the length of the link arm doesn't matter so much. The linkage in this kind of window has some play so you can get away with a difference. The most important measurement in relation to the link arm is the size of the hole--this one is 1/4-20 threaded.

There is another important detail to consider, and the main reason I didn't recommend this to begin with: the 39-350 has no left hand match. We did carry it at one time, but it was discontinued. We can only replace this side.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.