Window deglazer tools

A home owner from Kansas says:
Back when I was younger i had a deglazer tool that you could fit into a drill and it would "easily" remove hard glazing material. It was like a router bit but it would only take out the glaze and not the wood. Using a heat gun I seem to crack as many windows as I remove the old glaze from. Your company seems to have the most complete set of deglazing tools but I can find nothing that works with old style hard glazing materials. Can you help? Thanks in advance.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

To tell you a story. I actually laughed at the inventor the 75-052 glazing tool when he first brought it into our shop to demonstrate how it worked. I believed the best way to de-glaze was with heat and a utility knife. I was wrong. Now I will not do a glass repair with out it. 

What I do in some situations is to use WD-40 spray on the wheel. It seems to make the job go quicker. However you must clean off the lubricant off the sash to do the repair. The lubricant will stop the sealant from sticking. You should also wear gloves and safety glasses.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at