Window does not close

A quick learner from Illinois says:
The window cranks open and close but will not close completely. Like it's off center or the crank does not crank enough to close the window. I'm thinking i need to replace the operator. The window is a Crestline. I have yet to see even the same type of handles as these windows have. Can you tell what model this crank is? Does it sound like the operator is what needs to an replaced? I think the damage came from the window being open on a windy day. Not much confidence in Crestline quality.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Are you able to upload a photo to us of the part in question? This will help us determine in which replacement part may work for you.
A quick learner from Illinois says:
Thanks for reply. Here is a pic.
operator crank
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Please see our 39-330 and 39-329 to start out. These are modern ROTO operators and I think they could match yours. Just make sure the bearing at the end of the arm is the same, I can't make yours out.

I would also recommend a new handle, since your old one won't be compatible. See our 39-114L.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.