Window glazing

A handy person from San Jose, CA says:

Hi,

Can you please help me identify the glazing type? Do you have these in stock, if so can you please send me a pointer?

Also, the glazing is made of metal

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2257.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2256.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience. I'm afraid that we don't have an exact match for this glazing bead, but one of our vinyl options may work. Can you tell me the size of the end profile? Those measurements will be a big help as we track down a good match.

Hi Tom,

Let me re-measure the cross section with a vernier and update the thread this evening.

Thx,

#VIn

Hi,

Took me a little while to get the profile measurement. Please see the attached measurement.

Thx,
Vin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9E3339B1-2113-48A9-B652-C8CDA0C7B368.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

That's ok! We find the aluminum glazing easily damaged when either removing it or installing on the glass. That is why we prefer vinyl for it's resistance and ability to bounce back in shape. Thank you for dimensions, and we believe we found a suitable replacement. Look and compare our 55-181 white vinyl snap-in with yours. See if either of these would make a good match. 

Profile picture of Paul

We do also offer a sample order program where you can order up to five samples of glazing for free, you would just be responsible for the shipping fee. To view our samples list, click here.

Thanks Paul for the response. You mentioned "See if either of these" and left link only for 55-181. Was it a typo or is there another part that was missed?

BTW, for some reason I don't get notified by email anymore if there is activity on this thread. Can that be fixed?

Thx,
#Vin
Profile picture of Paul

My apologies. That was in fact a typo on my end. And as far as I can see with this thread, we will look into this and see if there is anything we need to fix on our end. Thank you.

Hi Paul,

Thanks Paul. I placed an order for samples and got the samples over the weekend. I tried to mount 55-181 and I see this happening (please see the attached photo). Is there anyway I can make it flush with the window. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thx,
#Vin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2299.JPG
Profile picture of Paul

Hi there. The problem I see is the glass has slipped down about 3/8". Perhaps if you place rubber shims on the bottom to raise it, the 55-181 should work for you. Try that and let me know if this works. 

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your patience and response.
The image shows the side of the window, not the bottom. Did you mean, to put the rubber shim in gap b/n the window frame and glass first and then try to fit glaze? Do you guys sell the rubber shim?

Is there other options?

Thx,
#Vin
Profile picture of Paul

From your photo, I see the marking where the glass should be line up to the frame. That is why I thought your were missing the rubber shims to square up the glass so the snap-in glazing would work. When we were replacing insulated glass (while still working in the field), we would get rubber shims from the actual glass supplier. Unfortunately,  we don't carry the rubber shims. See if you have some type of rubber or wood trim you can use as a shim or check your local hardware store to see if they have something you can use as a shim.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.