Window hardware

A quick learner from Edwards, CO says:
I have an old window with no marking as to manufacturer. Inside crank hole is stripped. Window will not open or close with crank. I have not been able to remove the handle cover to view the handle hardware. I think I need a new crank mechanism. Thanks for your help. Do I need to get all new hardware ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C0F2EA69-A337-4331-80DC-A8C73E550F3B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 995E5056-A660-476D-9C55-FE83A3A0D963.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1958C920-E244-485C-B066-653FC2168558.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Your operator appears to be a match for our 39-348, which is a Truth brand part. That's not to say that the window itself is Truth, but your operator certainly is.

This is designed to be used with the 36-078 shoe stud and 39-205 handle. I note that your old handle is a Pella brand part. I do not advise trying to reuse that. The 39-205 will work much better.

Also note that the cover cannot be removed in any way. It's permanently affixed to the base.

Is it possible to use the Truth Folding handle and cover kit instead of the crank handle?
Profile picture of Tom

It is not, unfortunately. Like I mentioned, the cover is permanently affixed on the base and cannot be replaced with any other style, nor would another style fit over top of it. The only folding handle option available for this operator is the 39-205

Looking for a Pella left crank cover in champagne that is 4 inches high
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5F7800FB-6FBA-4F4D-B669-B5C64421710C.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

We do not sell this cover either, unfortunately. That's really more part of the frame than it is part of the operator. You will need to see if Pella can supply that to you directly.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.