Window hardware

A home owner from West Hartford, Ct says:
I see "Stanley" written on the windows' hardware. I'm not certain whether the hardware is a Stanley product or whether it's the entire window. Based on the attached picture I suspect you can help. This plastic safety mechanism is failing on many of our windows (the picture was obviously taken of a working piece).

I don't know how to remove the damaged hardware. Can you advise?

Thank you!

User submitted a photo of a window vent lock.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Looks like our 26-122 vent lock. Do you agree? To remove the old one, take a flat putty knife or chisel and place it behind the lip. Then, gently tap it out with a hammer. You will break the old vent lock. They are not meant to be removed, you see, so there's no avoiding that.. To install the new vent lock, just snap it in.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)