2 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 21, 2023 11:19 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

If you have Certainteed windows, the part partially shown in your photos resembles the 15-192 pivot shoe, which uses the S170 and S171 coil springs, along with the parts listed under the related items section of the 15-192 product page. Please note that some customers have reported that they needed to shave the front of the shoe down to install it in their window jamb.

We also offer a conversion video shown below that works for both Certainteed and Simonton windows that use this type of assembly. Take a look and review the full process below to see which option you'd prefer for your repair. Thanks for posting! 

Home Owner from Three Rivers, MA
Aug 25, 2023 9:39 pm
Hello, I sent you more pictures. I want be sure I order correct parts. Can you look again and tell me what parts I need to order please? Thank you
IMG_2616 IMG_2615 IMG_2614 IMG_2613
4 user uploaded images
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 28, 2023 8:25 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Since your window is marked Simonton, I would recommend following our conversion video for Simonton windows. 

Home Owner from Three Rivers, MA
Oct 18, 2023 12:46 pm
Hello I just started replacing the parts and I found out I need also new springs. Can you send me the parts number and I will order them. Thank you.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 18, 2023 1:12 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

As stated in the conversion video included in our last response, you would need the S159 coil springs. You'll need to determine the weight of the window sash divided by the number of original coils used on each side to choose the corresponding strength options.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts